We endeavour to reply to all enquiries, but please note that due to the large amount of correspondence we receive, it is not always possible for us to reply the same day. Please read our help section below before contacting us where we give answers to the most common questions we receive.
If you have spotted a mistake on this website please contact us.
Our web-based training is designed to be extremely reliable, and utilizes common technologies such as Java and Flash to make sure the course runs properly on all systems, anywhere in the world.
1. We recommend using Internet Explorer version 7 or later, or Mozilla Firefox 3.x for viewing presentations. Some users are reporting difficulties viewing presentations using Apple Safari with the latest Java and Flash updates. * Download Mozilla Firefox: http://www.mozilla.com/ * Download Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx.
2. Do not use internet accelerators! Internet accelerators cache content from previous course sessions, and will prevent the course from operating properly.
3. Reset your browser to default settings and clear any cached temporary files. Poorly designed or incompatible extensions can cause problems with your browser, including make it crash, slow down page display, etc. If you encounter strange problems relating to parts of the browser no longer working, the browser not starting, windows with strange or distorted appearance, degraded performance, etc, you may be suffering from Extension, Theme, or plugins trouble. * Directions on resetting Internet Explorer 7 to default settings. * Directions on running Firefox in Safe Mode.
4. Check your Java installation, and update if necessary by clicking here: http://www.java.com/
5. Check your Adobe Flash Player installation, and update if necessary by clicking here: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
6. Delete cached Flash files. * Open a window in Windows Explorer. * Go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View. * Click Show hidden files and folders. * Locate the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings\your_name\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects * Delete the contents of this folder.
7. Restart your web browser. QUIZ LOADING ERROR Don't worry; our servers are okay.
1. Do not use internet accelerators with this course! Internet accelerators cache content from previous course sessions, and will prevent the course from operating properly.
2. This interruption happens when your computer's web browser tries to use old presentation files it stored in its temporary file cache from previous sessions instead of letting our servers provide the correct new files. Simply clear your temprary files from youtr browser, and re-open your presentation. This would have been remedied by following Fast-Fix step #3.
3. Are you connecting to the course through a company's network, a hotel network, or a "web-accelerated" connection? If you are connecting to the course through a company's network proxy server, a hotel internet connection, a "web-accelerated" dial-up connection, or a "web-accelerated" mobile/wireless connection, please realize that a proxy server might be configured to cache and serve internet files from earlier sessions. This problem is beyond your control, and is also beyond our control. It is a problem with the connection configuration of your internet service provider. Consequently, you may experience difficulties in getting up-to-date files that are necessary for viewing your course module. You can:
A.) Ask your network administrator to configure the proxy server to disable caching of any files from the website www.bristolhackneytaxi.com- OR -
B.) Connect to the campus using a different Internet connection that does not utilize a web-content caching server. - OR -
C.) Eventually, the caching server should automatically expire the saved content, thus allowing new content to be requested and served. How long does this take? Only the administrator of the caching server knows for sure. Don't forget that the new content requested will then also be cached, which will potentially interfere with later sessions. Thanks BHT